Jan 17, 2011

Amazing Nick Vujicic Meets Tennis and Life Camper

This email I received from my dear friend Steve Wilkinson just twenty minutes ago. I would like to share this inspiring story about Nik Vujicic with all of you.

January 16, 2011

Before Christmas I sent many of you a message from Sven Thierhoff, a
former Tennis and Life Camps instructor who now lives near Frankfurt,
Germany. It was an inspiring story about Nick Vujicic, an amazing
person who has no arms and legs. He has developed a positive life
philosophy that resonates with the messages that we share at TLC. To
view Nick talking to youth please go to http://www.nick-vujicic.eu/.

Many people responded with great appreciation. The following email
from TLC camper Mark Carson confirmed that Nick truly lives according
to his philosophy.

All the best,
Steve Wilkinson


Dear TLC,

I have traveled to TLC the past 2 summers from Northfield to enjoy
family camp with my daughter, Sandy. After reading your email, I
wanted to share with you an experience I had about a year ago. I am a
pilot for Delta Airlines, and was preparing to fly from Los Angeles to
Minneapolis when I noticed this young man in the gate area with no
arms or legs talking on his cell phone. It was Nick Vujicic, and he
was on his way to attend the Acquire The Fire event in the Twin Cities.

As I was on the flight deck performing preflight duties, Nick came
down the jet way on his own, and was the first to board. As I got out
of my seat to welcome him on board, he said hello and told me to give
him a hug. He has such a warmth and charisma that people have no
hesitation kneeling down and hugging him. I have never met a person
with so many reasons to be angry and bitter at God and the world, yet
has such peace, gratitude, and acceptance with his lot in life.

After getting off the airplane in Minneapolis, I had the chance to
visit a bit with him and his two traveling companions. His positive
attitude as he shares his story makes a strong impression on everyone
who meets him. He is truly one of the most inspiring people I have
met, and describing my encounter with him to young people has given me
a way to share an encouraging message.

Sandy and I look forward to camp in July.

Mark Carson


P.S. To register please go to the TLC website at

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Steve. It's eye opener for all of us, to stop for a moment and think about ourselves. How sometimes we get upset or discourage about small things and on other side ........and, it's amazing how his positive energy can translate to you and make you think.......maybe, I am.....or I'm not.....but I just recharged myself with positive energy. One more time, thank you Steve for sharing with us this inspiring story about Nik Vujicic.
    - Show quoted text -



    On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM, wrote:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and Barbara Wilkinson were running and they are still involved in Tennis and Life Camps out of St Peter, Minnesota. We as family were part of this wonderful program for many years.We learned that beside importance to be good a tennis player is more important to be a good person.
    Highly recommended for all age and skill levels. You will have fun learning and playing tennis. For more information, please visit
    http://www.tennisandlifecamps.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...